Monday, May 2, 2011

Countdown: 17 Days to Our Book Release!

Less than twenty days, can you believe it?

For everyone who's diagnosed with IBD, it has the same immediate effect - MAJOR interruption. We plan our lives out stage by stage: school, job, vacations, and on and on and on - but not disease. It springs up in the middle of our path and throws us off into the woods, leaving us to fend for ourselves amongst the bears while we try to scramble back to the path.

That's what so great about the CCFC and The Gutsy Generation - no one can map out the journey back to health, but those who've been there before can leave some bread crumbs along the way. Here's a quote from our book about how disruptive an IBD diagnosis can be.

"I was diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease when I was 22. My story is not one of great heroism, but it is one that is important to me and has played a huge role in shaping me into the person I have become today. After recently finishing my first Bachelors degree with my major in psychology, I was on top of the world and had huge hopes for my future and the start of my first semester in the Bachelor of Education program. I was going to be a teacher, and I was going to make a huge change in this world. Little did I know what my not too distant future held, and the impact I could truly have to make a difference."

Jennie + YAC

No comments:

Post a Comment